The mission of Comprehensive Divorce Solutions is to provide a comprehensive, personalized, compassionate approach to solving the needs of a divorcing client. Usually, an individual will contact an attorney first when they are contemplating divorce. Speaking with a specialized financial professional, such as a CDFA, can make a world of difference in the potential result. I help my clients understand their current financial situation and provide a personalized roadmap for their post-divorce future. The most difficult thing for an individual going through this stressful time is to “picture” what their life will look like after those divorce papers are signed. I continue to have a relationship with my clients after that point until they are ready to move forward into their new reality.
As a CDFA I provide the following services:
- Litigation support for the attorney and client
- Identification of short and long-term issues of equitable distribution
- Identification of tax issues
- Analysis of pension and other retirement plans
- Determination of affordability of the marital home
- Identification of affordable alternatives to the marital residence
- Determination of the client’s insurance needs including life and health
I can also:
- Provide data for detailed settlement scenarios
- Appear as an expert witness in a litigated divorce
- Collect financial data for purposes of Statements of Net Worth
- Help identify future financial goals
- Develop a budget
- Set retirement objectives
- Create lifestyle analysis and future lifestyle scenarios
- Determine costs and funding options for children’s education
Because so many of the issues of a divorce involve the family finances, it is crucial to meet with a financial expert, evaluate your position, and understand what assets you have and how they get handled during divorce negotiations BEFORE you sit down with your legal counsel.
Comprehensive Divorce Solutions, LLC.
Office: (516) 234-7522